As both publisher of the one-and-only POPLust Magazine (cross your favorite issue of CREEM with MAD Magazine circa 1962) and erstwhile member of the legendary Squirrels combo (currently in the midst of their ultra-gala 25th Anniversary “Death with Dignity” tour), Capt. Morgan gamely takes time out from mock-rockin’ the Pacific Northwest to reveal…
1. “Munsters” or “Addams Family”: Which one’s for you, and Why?
Addams Family, ALL the way!
I was fascinated by Charles Addams cartoons when I was a kid… there were a bunch in this old cartoon book from 1945 called “Cartoon Cavalde,” including a number of Addams Family ones. I still have that book! I now also have a big, hardback collection of his stuff that I love!
And the TV show wasn’t too insulting to the original strip, which is more than I can say about the BATMAN show from the ’60s… even as a KID, I knew THAT blew!
2. Who in the world, living or dead, would you most like to play a game of “Twister” with?
Hmmmm….. Felix The Cat? Ona Zee? Salvador Dali? Elasticman?
Honestly, I’m not really sure… (I have to think about THAT one for awhile!)…
3. How many Sid King & The Five Strings records do you own?
Zero, zip, fuck-all, doo-da.
How many Sensational Alex Harvey Band albums do YOU own?
4. If you had been working the front gate at The Dakota that night back in 1980 when nasty Mark David Chapman showed up, pistol in hand, to avenge the Chief Beatle for his “Bigger than Jesus” wisecrack, what would you have done?
I have no answer for this.
Being MORE than a “fan,” I COMPLETELY freaked out for THREE DAYS when that went down, and have a hard time listening to John Lennon ever since.
next question…. (ask me something about RINGO!!!!!)….
5. “Ginger” or “Mary-Ann”: Which one’s for you, and for How Long?
Mary-Ann. For as long as it takes. I mean, EVERYBODY knows that the “girl next door” types are WAY more “creative” (ie: kinkier) than any old pretentious glamour puss!
But I wouldn’t be there anyway, ‘cuz I’m kinda scared of DEEP WATER (I sink), so I’m NOT going on any fucking TINY CRUISE BOAT!!! Gimme a break!….
6. Which single song, living or dead, do you most wish you’d written and Why Didn’t You?
It’s a toss up between “Do You Believe In Magic” & “Thick As A Brick.” ‘Nuff said.
7. Whose guitar would you most like to be reincarnated as?
Either that or Lek Leckenby from Herman’s Hermits (R.I.P.)!!
8. In 2000 words or less, Your Hopes, Aspirations and Goals, musical and otherwise, for your life AND your country?
All was well with the world as of April 20th, 1999, when the world saw the release of the “Life And Crimes of ALICE COOPER” 4 CD box set! That’s more than ANYONE can ask for!!!
PS: Squirrels “25th Anniversary/’Death With Dignity’ Retirement Tour” t-shirts available NOW! See our “blog” at
for ordering info.
These things look pretty cool! And don’t miss these last few shows, ‘cuz after 2009, we’re OUTTA here!