FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MORE BANDS ANNOUNCED FOR CMJ ROCK HALL MUSIC FEST; PIXIES AND MUSHROOMHEAD TICKETS GO ON SALE
Brazilian Girls, Lucero, Heartless Bastards, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Rogue Wave, Helio Sequence, the Clarks and more bands added to schedule
CLEVELAND (April 29, 2005) – The CMJ Rock Hall Music Fest is pleased to announce its newest lineup of performers for the three-day music festival scheduled for June 8-11, 2005 in Cleveland, as well as ticket on sale dates for the Pixies and Mushroomhead shows. Tickets for most of the other shows are already on sale. See individual venues or Ticketmaster for more information.
The following shows go on sale Saturday, April 30 at 10:00 a.m. through Ticketmaster:
· Pixies at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum – June 8, 7:30 p.m. – Tickets: $35
· Pixies at Scene Pavilion – June 8, 9:30 p.m. – Tickets: $35
· Mushroomhead, Mindless Self Indulgence and Dope at Scene Pavilion – June 11, 7 p.m. – Tickets: $25
The following acts have been added to the CMJ Rock Hall Music Fest schedule:
· Brazilian Girls – June 9 at the House of Blues
· Lucero, Heartless Bastards, Honorary Title and Cory Branan – June 9, 7:30PM at the Odeon. Tickets: $10, $12 day of show
· Agent Orange – June 11, 7PM at Pirate’s Cove. Tickets: $10
· The Clarks and Kate Voegle – June 11, 8PM at the Odeon. Tickets: $15, $16 day of show
· Rogue Wave, Helio Sequence and the Six Parts Seven – June 11, 9PM at the Beachland Ballroom. Tickets: $8
· Kenny Wayne Shepherd – June 11 at the House of Blues
The first annual festival is where thousands of music fans and artists will converge on Cleveland to celebrate today’s best new music. This Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and CMJ Network produced event will not only contribute to the economic vitality of the city, but also will promote Cleveland as a progressive, music-oriented city and give music fans across the Midwest unparalleled access to exciting new talent.
The Music Fest is three days and nights of music, networking, featured speakers, a daytime Festival Village and a presentation of the top modern rock poster artists. CMJ Rock Hall Music Fest badge holders can enjoy more than 100 live performances in Cleveland’s hottest live music venues including the Beachland Ballroom, Odeon, Agora, House of Blues, Grog Shop, Peabody’s and the Festival Village on the West Bank of Cleveland’s "Flats."
The CMJ brand is synonymous with not only providing a showcase for the best up-and-coming artists but also working with record labels to recruit the hottest new bands. The Music Fest will feature as many as 100 artists performing for tens of thousands of music fans in Cleveland. 2005 marks the first time that a new CMJ Festival will join its New York City counterpart among the world’s great music events; Cleveland, with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, multiple club and concert venues and a rich musical culture, is the perfect place to host such an event.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2005, CMJ has produced one of the world’s legendary music festivals, CMJ Music Marathon in New York City, since 1981. The Marathon was the first to showcase once up-and-coming bands such as REM, U2, Eminem, the Beastie Boys, Green Day, the Foo Fighters, the Strokes, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket, Jill Scott, Franz Ferdinand, Jet and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
For more details on CMJ Rock Hall Music Fest please visit www.cmj.com/rockfest.