Well Rock and Roll Report Podcast #15 is here with your usual array of amazing rock and roll that just so happens to be produced by bands and artists that are either unsigned or are signed to independent record labels. Why these bands are not played on commercial rock radio is beyond me (well we know why but let’s not get into the whole “commercial rock radio is all about advertising” rant that just pisses me off).
I think you will agree that some of the best, if not THE best rock and roll is produced by artists and bands who are not on major labels. Whether this will ever change is doubtful as the whole business model that the majors are following is looking increasingly fragile but be that as it may, there is plenty of great music to be found if you just seek it out.
If you want to subscribe to the podcast, just click either of the links below:
Here is what I played this week:
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Intro by Featured on Fridays
- S.O.Y.L. by Hell n’ Diesel
- Flat On My Face by B-Movie Rats
- No Sister No Fun by the Sweetbacks
- Shake It Off by the Supersuckers
- Jetway Honey by Awakening Stick
- Anybody’s Girl by Hailer
- Fat Girls by the Backsliders
- Sheena Gets Around by The Plastic Stars
- Driving on Empty by Soundside
- Standing Still by Buddahead
- Rock and Roll Report Outro by Featured on Fridays
Hope you enjoyed the show. If you did, please rate it on the iTunes Podcast Directory and let anybody you know who you think might like the podcast by clicking on the “Share This” button on the bottom of this post.. Don’t forget to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any bands or labels you think might fit in on the show or leave a comment on the comment line at 206-339-3646.
Thanks for listening!