This week on the Rock and Roll Report Podcast I again play music from bands that have yet to be played on the show. I don’t know why I make a big deal of this all the time as there are so many amazing bands that I should never technically repeat but let this be a lesson to you all that rock and roll is far from dead but living and breathing under your very own collective noses!
On this week’s show I also play some tracks from Bomp Records’ excellent tribute to the late great Greg Shaw CD He Put the Bomp in Bomp: Greg Shaw as I wax nostalgic a bit on the passing of the legendary founding of Mojo Navigator Rock and Roll News, Bomp! magazine, Bomp! Records and too numerous articles, liner notes and production credits to his name. Greg Shaw inspired directly or indirectly every one of us who started a fanzine or website or blog or podcast dedicated to rock and roll and it was fun playing some of these songs in tribute to the man who I consider an important influence on my rock and roll upbringing.
We have written extensively on Greg and the Bomp empire (which is still going strong at www.bomp.com!) and here is just some of the stuff we have written about him in the past:
As usual you can get ahold of us here at The Rock and Roll Report by sending us an email at email@example.com or calling our listener line at 206-350-4333. You can also add us as a friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/rockandrollreport our check out our Facebook Group.
If you want to subscribe to the podcast, just click either of the links below:
This is what I played this week:
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Intro by Featured on Fridays
- Teenage by Morningwood Buy it on
- Super Palindromes by Sultan Pepper
- (A)Pathetic by State of Emergence Buy it on
- Good Times by The Plimsouls
- She’s Just a Girl On The Block by The Briefs
- Him or Me by The Dukes of Earl
- West 25th by Nick Wolff Band Buy it on
- Get Outta Town by The Janks
- California State of Mind by Western Heritage
- I’m Your Man by Zak Smith Buy it on
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Outro by Featured on Fridays
Buy the amazing Greg Shaw tribute CD He Put the Bomp! In The Bomp: Greg Shaw on Amazon by clicking on the cover below:
The Rock and Roll Report Podcast is a proud member of:
Association of Music Podcasting
Thanks so much for listening. See you next week!