(Press Release) On the heels of its third anniversary, Liquor and Poker Music – the “rock” arm of the Century Family, has assembled its first compilation, a collection of female tribute bands paying homage to some of classic rock and metal’s biggest names. In stores Aug. 22, the 13-track Girls Got Rhythm – featuring cover art by Alan Forbes (AFI, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Crowes), the artist who designed the Liquor and Poker logo above – features such well-known groups as The Iron Maidens, Cheap Chick and Mistress of Reality, as well as three acts celebrating AC/DC.
The complete track listing is as follows:
1. Thundherstruck – Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
2. The Iron Maidens – Run To The Hills (Iron Maiden)
3. Mistress of Reality – Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath)
4. Cheap Chick – Surrender (Cheap Trick)
5. Black Diamond – Love Gun (Kiss)
6. Ms. Fits – Last Caress (The Misfits)
7. Hell’s Belles – Back In Black (AC/DC)
8. The Little Dolls – I Don’t Know (Ozzy Osbourne)
9. Zepparella – The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)
10. Kissexy – Lick It Up (Kiss)
11. Whole Lotta Rosies – Dog Eat Dog (AC/DC)
12. Ramonas – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (The Ramones)
13. Foxey Lady – Foxey Lady (Jimi Hendrix)
Plans for a series of record release parties are currently underway, and a Girls Got Rhythm tour is also in the works.