Skip to the content
- Down at SXSW, Rolling Stone has already caught hot performances by Stone Temple Pilots, Spoon, Broken Bells, the xx and many more up-and-coming acts. Keep it tuned to our SXSW coverage for all the best showcases, and be sure to follow @rollingstone as we continue to tweet 100 SXSW shows.
- Guitar god Jimi Hendrix landed on the cover of the new issue, and David Fricke looks back at the Greatest Guitarist of All Time’s last days and lost music.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame welcomed the Stooges, Genesis, Abba, the Hollies and Jimmy Cliff at the 2010 induction ceremony, which featured performances by Phish and more. Be sure to check out our backstage and onstage photos. Plus, two-time Rock Hall inductee Graham Nash visited RS to talk about the Hollies.
- Big Star’s Alex Chilton passed away at age 59. Rob Sheffield paid tribute to the Memphis rock god, and we flashbacked to Big Star covers.
- We took a close-up look at the Best New Bands of 2010 in a gallery of on-the-road photos. We also explored intimate backstage shots of Ryan Adams.