When you listen to this week’s podcast I want you to think about why you don’t hear these artists on your local commercial rock radio station. Is it because they don’t have talent? Can’t fit in? Sound too weird? I don’t think so. It is because commercial rock radio has become a form of comfort food, nostalgia for the ears. It figures that you don’t want to go outside the commercial labels and you know, go off the beaten track. But good Lord look what they are missing out on!
All the bands and artists played on the Rock and Roll Report Podcast are either unsigned or are released on smaller indie record labels but I think you will agree with me that there is absolutely no reason why we should not be able to hear them amidst the mix of major label releases.
Until that time I hope you enjoy the podcast because rock and roll is still thriving and this is just a little bit of proof.
And say hi to friend of the Rock and Roll Report Kristin Marie on your left. Kristin Marie blew me away when she told me how she loves old blues records in addition to rock and roll and thus a true friendship was born.
If you want to subscribe to the podcast, just click either of the links below:
Here is what I played this week:
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Intro by Featured on Fridays
- Do You Still Believe in Rock and Roll? by Crash Street Kids
- Bright Side by the Paybacks
- See You Around by The Revisionists
- Green Light, GO! by Walter Mitty & the Realists
- Mother Ship by The New Duncan Imperials
- Do Over by Leigh Meow
- Sights Too High by Rhino Bucket
- Somethings Got To Change by The Loft
- Escort by the Barbe-Q-Barbies
- Dreaming of You by War Tapes
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Outro by Featured on Fridays