On this week’s podcast I turn things on their head a bit and feature what I consider 3 very distinct styles of music in 3 very distinct sets. And I went against my initial impulse to start of the show with the harder stuff to keep things interesting!
I have just finished reading “Rick Rubin: In the Studio” and it is a pretty fascinating book as Rubin’s taste in music know no boundaries. From hip hop to hard rock, metal to Pop, Red Hot Chili Peppers to Johnny Cash, the guy understands that music is about the song and the emotion it conveys. A highly recommended read and a good rule of thumb to go by. Don’t get caught up in genres in niches, focus on the song and let the rest take care of itself which is kind of what I did this week. I love all this songs and at first listen you might find them to be quite different from each other but to me that doesn’t matter. Each song caught my ear and I like each one regardless of whatever genre YOU think they belong in!
As usual, if you want to subscribe to the podcast, just click either of the links below:
You can also contact anybody at the Rock and Roll Report by emailing us at email@example.com or leaving a listener comment on our listener comment line at 206-350-4333.
If you are a musician or own a record label and you would like to submit your material to the show please do so by sending your high bitrate tagged MP3 files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is what I played this week:
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Intro by Featured on Fridays
- Burn the Roses by Mike Kovacs and the Post-Modern Tribe
- Take It Upon Yourself by Sloan
- Out On the Streets by Dirt Road Logic Buy it on
- So Glad You Dig Me by Nushu Buy it on
- Run Baby Run by Noush Skaugen
- Hey La by Junior Giant Buy it on
- Everybody Loves You When You’re Dead by Vains of Jenna Buy it on
- Dope, Sex and Money by Love & Opium Buy it on
- Hollow by Stareblind Buy it on
- Last Night by Ashtray Buy it on
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Outro by Featured on Fridays
The Rock and Roll Report Podcast is a proud member of:
Association of Music Podcasting
Thanks so much for listening. See you next week!