Well it’s been a long time coming but the Rock and Roll Report podcast is back! That’s right, hold onto your hats because after a few months hiatus I am back with more rock and roll fun than you can shake a stick at. What I have decided to do is take a belated look back at 2009 in two parts which will remind you all of some of the great music played over the last 12 months and for those of you new to the podcast this will serve as an intro to what the podcast is all about. Next week will be part 2 of the 2009 review (and another 25 songs!) before I settle down and revert to my usual 10 song, 45 minute length.
I apologize for being away and I really appreciate all the comments about the podcast and the genuine good wishes (and occasional snarky remarks!) from those of you wanting to hear the podcast again.
As usual you have a wide range of styles from a wider range of bands and artists who are either unsigned or are signed to independent record labels. If you like what you hear please consider supporting these bands in a tangible way by buying their music, going to their shows and buying their merch.
If you want to subscribe to the podcast, just click either of the links below:
And if you want to get a hold of me or anybody at the Rock and Roll Report just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also add us as a friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/rockandrollreport our check out our Facebook Group.
If you are in a band or with a record label you can submit your music by checking out our listing on SonicBids.
This is what I played this week:
- Rock and Roll Report Podcast Intro by Featured on Fridays
- Shake Me by Taddy Porter
- Rockstar’s Girlfriend by Pistol Day Parade
- Rust Bucket by One Bad Son
- Mission To Rock by Cockpit
- Sometimes a Girl by Royal Gents
- The Grind by 4Lyn
- Soul Shine by Pirate Radio Station
- Shake It Off by Why
- Hate You by Day Minus 7
- Everybody Loves You When You’re Dead by Vains of Jenna
- Dope, Sex & Money by Love & Opium
- Call Me by Daydream On Autopilot
- Keep Me From Drinkin’ by Riverboat Gamblers
- Melancholy by Knockout Theory
- Hey Mom I Got The Bomb by The Shazam
- She Sells Smiles by Gee Davey
- I’m Bored, Let’s Fight by The Neighborhood Bullys
- A Cheaper Kind of Love by Emily and the Orgasm Addicts
- Soul On Your Sleeve by The Joys
- All My Life by Kingsfall
- Universal by The Revisionists
- Charged By The Minute by The Respectables
- Cling by Krescent 4
- Lose Control by Darling
- On The Day I Found My Hands by The Brilliant Mistakes
- Rock and Roll Report Outro by Featured on Fridays
The Rock and Roll Report Podcast is a proud member of:
Association of Music Podcasting
Thanks so much for listening. See you next week!